Here you can download the current version of the MSI Wrapper. It is highly recommended that you read the getting started guide before you start using the product.
This tool requires Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0. If you don't have that already, you can get it through Windows Update.
2014-08-01 version 5.1.89
- New fix for the temporary file problem with icons.
2014-07-26 version 5.1.88
- Fixes temporary file problem with icons.
2014-06-23 version 22.214.171.124
- New: Test MSI in elevated mode.
- New: Icon export feature.
- New: Save setup icon in configuration file.
2014-06-17 version 126.96.36.199
- Shows the wrapped setup and uninstaller on top of the Windows Installer progress bar.
- Control if the MSI requires permission elevation.
- Fixes error 740 caused by elevation problems.
- Support for uninstalling multiple wrapped applications in uninstall process.
- Discontinued the use of a proxy process.
2014-03-05 version 188.8.131.52
- Support for impersonation. The wrapped installer can now run in the security context of the logged in user instead of the Windows Installer service.
2013-10-24 version 184.108.40.206
- Fixed problem where MSI worked with manual install but hanged or froze with GPO.
- New feature: Environment variable substitution in configuration values when running MsiWrapperBatch.exe.
2013-10-03 version 220.127.116.11
- Fixed problem with Windows XP support.
- Uninstall will only try to run elevated on operating systems starting with Windows Vista.
- Support for multiple valid exit codes from wrapped executable. Previously, only exit code zero was considered a success.
2013-09-04 version 18.104.22.168
- Better support for converting WISE installers to MSI.
- Forces UAC elevation when running uninstall scripts.
2013-05-14 version 22.214.171.124
- New: MSI custom actions transferred from VB Script to a native Win32 DLL. This will make MSI packages install on systems that have problems with the scripting engine.
2013-04-18 version 126.96.36.199
- New: Advanced Arguments added. Now you can control command line arguments for the wrapped setup based on the MSI user interface level.
2013-04-10 version 188.8.131.52
- Command line macros [SourceDir] and [OriginalDatabase] introduced.
2013-03-20 version 184.108.40.206
- Support for wrapping setups without entries in the Add / Remove programs.
- Extended wait period when wrapped installers are finishing.
- Uses SystemComponent instead of wrapped_uninstallstring entry in the registry.
2013-03-11 version 220.127.116.11
- Fix that allows you to run the MSI file multiple times.
- Does not show system components in list of application ids.
2012-12-15 version 18.104.22.168
- Allows license registration without administrative privileges.
2012-11-27 version 22.214.171.124
- Removed WiX dependency.
- Major performance improvement.
2012-11-16 version 126.96.36.199
- Minor fixes.
2012-09-21 version 188.8.131.52
- Support for Windows 8.
- Support for Windows Server 2012.
- Improvements in upgrading functionality.