Here you can download the current version of the MSI Wrapper. It is highly recommended that you read the getting started guide before you start using the product.
This tool requires Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0. If you don't have that already, you can get it through Windows Update.
2016-01-24 version 7.1.9
- Reads the license from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE if it is not found under HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
2015-11-07 version 7.0.8
- New feature to map exit codes and signal a pending restart.
- New MSI SQL tool to manipulate MSI database tables from the command line.
2015-07-27 version 6.0.96
- Use comment setting in file properties.
- Minor improvements.
2015-06-01 version 6.0.92
- Fixed registration of DLL to work for all users.
- Setup now installs MSI Wrapper for all users.
- Supports setting a specific Product ID instead of an auto generated one.
2014-12-17 version 6.0.91
- New: Auto detect if the wrapped setup installed per user or per machine.
- New: Option to force elevation of wrapped installer and uninstaller.
- Fix: User Interface Level (UILevel) is now used during uninstall.
2014-08-01 version 5.1.89
- New fix for the temporary file problem with icons.
2014-07-26 version 5.1.88
- Fixes temporary file problem with icons.
2014-06-23 version 184.108.40.206
- New: Test MSI in elevated mode.
- New: Icon export feature.
- New: Save setup icon in configuration file.
2014-06-17 version 220.127.116.11
- Shows the wrapped setup and uninstaller on top of the Windows Installer progress bar.
- Control if the MSI requires permission elevation.
- Fixes error 740 caused by elevation problems.
- Support for uninstalling multiple wrapped applications in uninstall process.
- Discontinued the use of a proxy process.
2014-03-05 version 18.104.22.168
- Support for impersonation. The wrapped installer can now run in the security context of the logged in user instead of the Windows Installer service.
2013-10-24 version 22.214.171.124
- Fixed problem where MSI worked with manual install but hanged or froze with GPO.
- New feature: Environment variable substitution in configuration values when running MsiWrapperBatch.exe.
2013-10-03 version 126.96.36.199
- Fixed problem with Windows XP support.
- Uninstall will only try to run elevated on operating systems starting with Windows Vista.
- Support for multiple valid exit codes from wrapped executable. Previously, only exit code zero was considered a success.
2013-09-04 version 188.8.131.52
- Better support for converting WISE installers to MSI.
- Forces UAC elevation when running uninstall scripts.
2013-05-14 version 184.108.40.206
- New: MSI custom actions transferred from VB Script to a native Win32 DLL. This will make MSI packages install on systems that have problems with the scripting engine.
2013-04-18 version 220.127.116.11
- New: Advanced Arguments added. Now you can control command line arguments for the wrapped setup based on the MSI user interface level.
2013-04-10 version 18.104.22.168
- Command line macros [SourceDir] and [OriginalDatabase] introduced.
2013-03-20 version 22.214.171.124
- Support for wrapping setups without entries in the Add / Remove programs.
- Extended wait period when wrapped installers are finishing.
- Uses SystemComponent instead of wrapped_uninstallstring entry in the registry.
2013-03-11 version 126.96.36.199
- Fix that allows you to run the MSI file multiple times.
- Does not show system components in list of application ids.
2012-12-15 version 188.8.131.52
- Allows license registration without administrative privileges.
2012-11-27 version 184.108.40.206
- Removed WiX dependency.
- Major performance improvement.
2012-11-16 version 220.127.116.11
- Minor fixes.
2012-09-21 version 18.104.22.168
- Support for Windows 8.
- Support for Windows Server 2012.
- Improvements in upgrading functionality.